Saturday, November 9, 2013

An Eternal Family

I first came to Honduras with a missionary group Vision 2 Hear in 2007. During that trip, I met a girl named Gaby at a government orphanage called Nueva Esperanza or New Hope. Ironically, there was nothing hopeful about the place. No hope for a better future for any of the children there because they were growing up in a place lacking education, funding, and most of all LOVE.
Sitting with Gaby at Nueva Esperanza reading through the book of John
Children at Nueva Esperanza playing with a broken toy truck
I returned to the states knowing that nothing is impossible with God and that He could provide hope where there was none. After a month of fervent prayer, I found out that Gaby was no longer at Nueva Esperanza. She moved in with her new mommy Allison and began her life at Eternal Family Project. I could not resist being away and began going to Honduras every chance I received.
Gaby greeted me in the airport when I returned to Honduras
Now, Gaby is 14 years old and has many sisters in her eternal family. Marvin and I had the privilege of visiting mommy Allison, Gaby, and her sisters in Peña Blanca. Marvin worked hard fixing up things around the house, building a baby gate, and providing shelving for storage. Funds from the Harvest ministry allowed us to bless their family with four carts worth of groceries. What a blessing to have a part in an Eternal Family! If you wish to learn more about Gaby and her sisters, visit www.eternalfamilyproject.org
Groceries for the family
Marvin-made baby gate
We attended Gaby's 6th grade graduation
Marvin hard at work
Denia, Chloe, and Jency...a few of Gaby's sisters